Recent Competitive Highlights:
- 2014 Volcom Pipe Pro 7th place
- 2013 Cold Water Classic – 1st place
- 2012 ASP Prime Balito SA – 9th place
- 2012 ASP 6 star VA Bud Light 3rd Oceanside CA
- 2012 APSS event #1 – 2nd place
- 2012 APSS event #2 – 2nd place
- 2011 Active Ride Willabong- winner
- 2011 Nixon Get Weird- winner
- Bud Light Lime Surf Series Ventura- winner
Recent Media Coverage:
- 2014 Surfline editorial
- 2014 Surfer magazine Feb issue
- 2014 Surfing magazine April issue
- 2012 Transworld Surf magazine March issue
View all Torrey Meister’s press
Torrey Meister, aka the Happy Hawaiian, is an explosive surfer that’s as entertaining to watch as he is to be around. Torrey’s positive attitude shines through in both his surfing as well as his demeanor on land, bringing smiles and aloha wherever he goes.
Raised on the Big Island of Hawaii, Torrey has grown up surfing every size and shape wave imaginable, from 1-foot to 10-foot and beyond. His searing speed and tail-high aerial maneuvers combine for a lethal combination, making him a standout in any situation. His comfort zone is as deep as his bag of tricks, and Torrey often brings his small-wave aerial repertoire to the big stuff.
Torrey has seamlessly carried his amateur career achievements into the big leagues placing 3rd in the prestigious Hawaii Triple Crown of Surfing in 2009. His success continued with wins at the Bud Light Lime Surf Series Ventura and the Nixon Get Weird surf contest. Between contest wins Torrey managed to bag enough clips to be showcased in Taylor Steele’s latest surf movie, Innersection.
As an active advocate of the Surfrider Foundation, Torrey promotes environmental awareness throughout the islands of Hawaii, as well as Southern California. He also works closely with Sustainable Surf and the Maui Ola Foundation. Torrey’s explosive surfing ability and charitable mindset exemplifies what the surfing world needs more of.
More Photos of Torrey Meister